The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The roll out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) continues in South Australia.
We understand this is a very exciting time for everyone, as each individual’s potential for inclusion and participation can be significantly and positively impacted by the supports they will receive through the NDIS.
Below are the supports provided by Muscular Dystrophy SA that will transition to being NDIS funded for many of you:
- Social groups: such as MD Ninjas, MD Mafia and Out and About
- Camps: including Camp Capacity, Camp YOLO and Grown-Up Getaway
- Therapeutic supports: hydrotherapy
- Transport: assistance to travel to and from therapy and similar services, such as via cab vouchers or the transport subsidy
Before the NDIS was introduced, Muscular Dystrophy SA and many other disability service providers received block funding from the Government to enable us to provide services and supports to clients. Now that the NDIS exists, block funding is being taken away and clients will need to ask for funding in their NDIS Plan to enable them to access these services. MDSA has costed out all of the above supports and can provide clients with the costing documents on request.
Muscular Dystrophy SA provides Support Coordination.
- Support Coordination gives you and your family access to a “personal assistant”
- source information
- investigate and arrange services and supports on your behalf and at your direction.
For many busy individuals and families, this support ensures they can receive maximum benefit from their NDIS package, with minimal stress, running around and confusion!
It is important you understand how your supports will change and how to communicate these essential services, to ensure their inclusion in your NDIS package of supports.
We would love to assist any individuals or families as they prepare for their initial planning meetings or annual review meeting, so we invite you to give us a call to talk through your specific needs and how best to present these at planning or review stage.
To talk to someone in our Client Services Team about NDIS or to link in with one of our Support Coordinators, please phone 8234 5266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org