Individual approach and exclusive resistance exercise run by a qualified neuro-physiotherapist
Are you suffering from pain related to muscle and stiffness? Why don’t you join our Hydrotherapy program?
What are the benefits of Hydrotherapy?
- Reduce or relief of muscle pain.
- Helps to relax muscles and mobility.
- Helps with maintaining strength and flexibility.
To be eligible to take part in hydrotherapy you should be;
- Over eighteen years of age
- Willing to undertake an initial dry land assessment with our neuro-physiotherapist who can assess if the hydrotherapy program will be suitable for you.
Muscular Dystrophy South Australia currently runs two, one-hour Hydro sessions each Thursday at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
Note: The pool is only 1.2 metres deep and with the support of the attendants you don’t need to worry if you are a little nervous in the water. If you are interested in taking part in hydrotherapy or would like further information on what hydrotherapy is all about please contact us on 8234 5266 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can Physiotherapy help you?
- It helps with muscle and joint pain
- Strength and flexibility helps to maintain a person’s individual functional independence focus on.
- Access to individualised exercise programs
- Opportunity to discuss the use of aids or equipment
Do you have physiotherapy in your NDIS plan but are not sure which physiotherapist you should see?
We are happy to advise you of contact details for neuro-physiotherapists who specialise in working with people diagnosed with a neuromuscular condition.
Are you over 65 years?
You can access one free physiotherapy appointment per year with one of our preferred neuro-physiotherapists. Or you can set up the Chronic Disease Management Plan and we will cover the gap of your five appointments.
What is the Chronic Disease Management Plan?
Ask your General Practitioner about putting the Chronic Disease Management Plan in place.
For further information please contact Client Services on 8234 5266 or email Aisling on email@example.com
Chewing/swallowing is exhausting? The quality of your voice has changed? Speech Therapy can help!
You may experience speech and language difficulties for a variety of reasons. Speech therapy can help treat a variety of specific conditions of speech and language including:
- Dysphasia - difficulties with eating, swallowing and choking.
- Articulation - difficulties producing sounds in syllables or saying words incorrectly to the point that you cannot understand what is being said.
- Fluency disorders -problems such as stuttering.
- Resonance or voice disorders- problems with pitch, volume or quality of the voice that distract listeners from what is being said.
Speech therapists can help you to improve the quality of your verbal speech through a variety of therapeutic techniques. Speech Therapy sessions are designed around an individualised plan to address your specific needs.
Do you have Speech therapy in your NDIS plan but are not sure which Speech Therapist you should visit?
We are happy to advise you of our well-known Speech Therapist.
Are you over 65 years?
You can access our Speech Therapy service. A speech therapist is available once per month at the Muscular Dystrophy South Australia office, or you can alternatively undertake your speech therapy session at the Griffiths Rehabilitation Hospital in Hove.
If you have a neuromuscular condition and think you may benefit from seeing a speech therapist, please contact Kelly in Client Services on 8234 5266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org